- Component Architecture Toolkit. A software
layer above a grid that enables end users to make use of the Grid
services in order to build and run distributed component-based
- A grid is a software framework providing layers
of services to access and manage distributed hardware and sofware
resources. NASA's IPG (Information Power Grid) effort is an example
of a Grid.
- CORBA ORB
- The communication mechanism layer of the CORBA
framework that abstracts away communication from application
- A compiler/runtime system that supports the
global pointer abstraction and supports a library toolkit for
high-performance parallel C++.
- Open HPC++
- Implementation of HPC++ that gives the
end-user more direct control over the communication mechanisms.
- Common Component Architecture Toolkit.
- Distributed Programming model provides an
architecture and language.
- Low-level library toolkit that enables
programmers (not end users) to program to the Grid. Globus is a
composition of services.
- Communication library and protocol underlying Globus