Wire protocol for RemoteObjects
A global pointer is a generalization of the C pointer type to support objects that live in remote address spaces. An HPC++ Global pointer can be packed as a NexusRMI Remote Reference.
- byte 5 // this indicates that a remote stub will follow
- FQN of the object for which the global pointer is being packed
- byte 2 // this indicates that a startpoint will follow
- startpoint // startpoint associated with this global pointer
- serialization class as a string eg. "nexusrmi.HPCxxNexusize"
- code base as a string If this is packed as byte 0, then it would indicate that the classes need not be loaded remotely.
Back to HPC++2NexusRMI
Last modified: Sat Jan 23 16:53:15 EST 1999