[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Preserving line number information in Sage

Diego,

this is not a FAQ.

>I would like to generate the new source code maintaining
>the line numbers from the original file (for debugging purposes). That is,
>new statements would have to be appended to existing lines so they don't
>alter line numbers.

This is a very good questions.  The water may be dark, but i am
not sure how deep.  what we would need to do is make the unparser
emit the original line number markers when ever it sees code that has
been inserted.   This could be an option for the unparser.
We will look into it, but it may take a while to come up with
a fix to allow this.
d.