[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Preserving line number information in Sage

On Thu, 1 Sep 1994, Bob Olson wrote:

> What you really want to do is add the cpp-style line number markers
> (take a look at the output of cc -E); that way the c compiler will
> emit error messages with file names & line numbers that refer back to
> the original code.
>
> --bob

Maybe. But, will that work with a sequential debugger like dbx or gdb?
The user will be debugging the executable generated with the modified
source. But we want to show the original source code, not the modified
one.

Lets assume that we can convince the debugger to do this, and that, the
generated code does not have bugs... er, sure, why not.

Diego.

--
Diego A. Novillo                  | "We each pay a fabulous price for our
diego@cs.ualberta.ca              |  visions of paradise. But a spirit with

Follow-Up(s): Reference(s):