[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Preserving line number information in Sage

> > [..]
> >
> Maybe. But, will that work with a sequential debugger like dbx or gdb?
> The user will be debugging the executable generated with the modified
> source. But we want to show the original source code, not the modified
> one.

I believe that dbx and gdb will both understand the directive:

# 1 "file.c"

and display file.c line 23, so that bit should be okay.  You only have
to use the filename when it changes, and only have to use the # n
directive when there are extra lines.

To see an example of what these things look like take a look at the
preprocessor output:

% gcc -E file.c

Adam