Xydra - An automatic form generator for Web Services
Xydra is a library that uses servlet to provide XHTML based WSDL invoker.
Xydra servlet takes WSDL with XML Schema complex types as input, generates
XHTML form to allow user to fill content of input message, gathers submitted
input values and converts form name-value pairs into XML message that is
sent it to Web Service and then finally displays result message.
One could ask: there are other WSDL invokers so what makes Xydra unique?
Here is couple reasons:
- Xydra has pluggable data model and currently two backend to represent
form and XML message content One is traditional name-value pairs that are
structured into tree (called TreePath) and second that is based on
Protege engine to use ontology
describing web service to allow more reach constraints and relationship
validation (called OntoBrew).
- It is very easy to customize Xydra look and feel: just save
auto-generated XHTML page, modify it to your needs and tell Xydra to use
this XHTML page as template. What makes it really easy is that template is a
regular XHTML page that is used by Xydra processing engine (unsurprisingly
called Diesel) to annotate it with runtime information.
- Xydra support complex types and generate nice XHTML form UI for
arbitrarily nested XHTML forms.
- You get source code so you can improve it :-)
Sample installation is available online to test drive Xydra. It is open
source so anybody can play with it, improve it, and give us feedback, patches
are gladly accepted, we may even fix some bugs when reported (good bug report
that contains all information necessary to reproduce problem and/or unit test
greatly increases chances of getting problem fixed ...)
- Processes complex types, and nested complex types
- Processes simple types and restrictions on simple types.
- Uses templates to customize the form generation
- It is easily to integrate in portals because it use a REST
- Supports multiple back-ends. Currently developed back-ends: TreePath
- Validation for xsd:nil
Source code and JAR file
Xydra was designed and implemented by:
from Extreme Computing Lab.
For inquires, comments, request for enhancements and bugs please
subscribe to our mailing list:
Authors: Extreme! Computing (Octav Chipara and
Aleksander Slominski )
Version $Id: index.html,v 1.13 2003/11/27 05:12:30 aslom Exp $